Randi Scott, Lobbyist
Randi Scott is an attorney and lobbyist with more than four years of public policy experience. She has developed a fundamental understanding of the legislative process and a bi-partisan approach to lobbying to help advance clients’ legislative agendas in the Unicameral.
Randi represents client interests at the Nebraska legislature and executive branch. She is adept at drafting legislation and devising legislative agendas and is active at the Capitol during session advocating for clients, and garnering support from legislators and other stakeholders. Randi also provides policy analysis and has experience educating constituency groups to inform members about changes that will impact them in proposed or new legislation.
Prior to joining O’Hara Lindsay, Randi served as legislative aide to Senator Brett Lindstrom, who is republican. During that time, she developed a deep understanding of the issues related to retirement, banking and insurance, economic development, taxation and tribal relations. Additionally, she has managed Congressional, Legislative and local campaigns in Nebraska.
She has a strong background in education and spent several years as a teacher in both the Omaha and Lincoln public school systems. She also was a legal intern in the US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights in 2009.
Randi and her husband, Chris, live in Omaha and are the parents of three children, Sophia, Donovan and Aaron. Randi played volleyball at Peru State College, is a Nebraska and Creighton volleyball fan, and continues to coach youth volleyball.
- Legislative aide to Senator Brett Lindstrom
- Campaign manager for congressional, legislative and local campaigns in Nebraska
- Legal intern at the US Department of Education
- Teacher – Omaha Northwest High School and R.M. Marrs Middle School, Omaha, NE
- Teacher and coach – Lincoln Southwest High School, Lincoln, NE
- Juris Doctor – The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL
- Master of Science in Special Education – University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE
- Bachelor of Science in Education, summa cum laude – Peru State College, Peru, NE
- Lourdes Central Catholic High School, Nebraska City, NE
- Board Member – Parent Training and Instruction (PTI) Nebraska, Omaha, NE
- NAIA Volleyball Academic All-American