John Lindsay, President
John has a keen understanding of the sensitivities and the strategies needed to promote your interests in Nebraska. Keeping a daily presence at the Unicameral during the session, John works closely with the state senators to ensure favorable outcomes. He places a premium on ethics, and fiercely protects the integrity and reputation of both clients and the firm.
John joined the O’Hara Lindsay in 1997 and became president in 2008 when Paul O’Hara retired.
Prior to becoming a lobbyist, John served as a Nebraska state senator for two terms representing Omaha’s 9th legislative district. While there, his colleagues chose him to chair the Judiciary Committee and before that Vice-Chair of the Executive Board.
He practiced law in Omaha for 13 years, starting out with his father and older brother. John clerked for the Honorable John Grant at the Nebraska Supreme Court for a year after law school.
John was born and raised in Omaha. John and his wife, Mary Beth, are the parents of four boys, John, Patrick, Bobby and David. John, a big fan of Little League baseball, coached for a number of years. John’s great-grandfather, John B. Furay, was a member of Nebraska’s first legislature in 1869. That may explain why it seems that John has politics in his blood!
- Lobbyist since 1996
- Former Nebraska State Senator
- Served as:
Chairman of Judiciary Committee
Vice-Chairman of the Executive Board
- Served on the following committees:
Banking, Commerce and Insurance
Government, Military and Veterans Affairs
Business and Labor
- Served as:
- Practicing Lawyer for 13 years
- Adjunct Professor – Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Clerk for the Nebraska Supreme Court
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, cum laude – Creighton University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in History – Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Creighton Prep High School, Omaha, NE
- Best Lawyers, 2011-2019
- Alpha Sigma Nu, Jesuit Honor Society
- Ten Outstanding Young Omahans, Omaha Jaycees