Nebraska’s Unique Legislature
Nebraska is the only state with a one-house legislature, the Unicameral. We have just 49 state senators, no representatives. Nebraska’s legislature is entirely nonpartisan. Those two things can make government relations in Nebraska a challenge.
We work hard and are extremely effective as lobbyists. Nobody does a better job of helping you meet those challenges than O’Hara Lindsay. We’ve been doing just that since 1978.
A closer look at our nonpartisan Unicameral
In Nebraska . . .
- A legislative candidate’s political party is NOT printed on the ballot.
- We don’t have aisles that separate the Democrats from the Republicans,
- Nor do we have political caucuses.
- The Speaker of the Legislature is elected by secret ballot,
- And, so are the Committee Chairs; thus leadership is truly nonpartisan.
- Our lawmakers vote independently rather than party mandates.
- Every senator must be lobbied on every issue.
O’Hara Lindsay is “plugged-in” with the state senators and staff and can help you find your way through the maze that is the Nebraska Unicameral.